A series of sliver leaf shapes are fused together to create a stunning and easy to wear cuff bangle. The bangle is made by hand from start to finish. This ethically made bangle can be dressed up or down and will fit all wrist sizes
Plated with 8 microns of sterling silver in their silver laboratory prior to being lacquered. The process of jewellery making is very labour intensive; from start to finish it is entirely hand made.
- The bangles are hand crafted using a brass base, so retain their strength, regardless of how many times they are open and closed. The high quality silver plating process is phenomenally good, so the plating impressively does not wear off.
- The bangle has been lacquered to protect the silver from tarnishing, but can be buffed with a silver polishing cloth if preferred
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 4.8 cm
- buff with silver cloth is preferred way of cleaning
- your bracelet will be presented in a lovely drawstring bag
About the producer:
Creative Copper designs and hand makes brass copper and silver jewellery from White River, Mpumalanga – South Africa
Creative Copper brings you the best of both worlds – international trends combined with an understanding of unique South African lifestyle and cultures.
Their collections are handmade locally, creating employment for a team of 50 South African men and women, including the disabled, from disadvantaged communities surrounding White River.
The factory is run on fair trade principles: Minimum wage structures are in place with bonus incentive schemes, wages are paid directly into the worker’s bank accounts, workers are offered sick leave, family responsibility leave, pensions and funeral benefits, UIF pregnancy funds assistance, maternity leave and access to a Labour Union. Life skill training is also a top priority there and they continually train their workers to understand and broaden their horizons on subjects including computer literacy, budgeting, nutrition, banking and assurance.
Every item of jewellery starts life as a single sheet of either copper or brass. The metal is cut to size, heat treated, brazed and joined. The final item is highly polished, cleaned and then covered with hard wearing lacquer. The silver designs are plated with 8 microns of sterling silver in their silver laboratory prior to being lacquered. The process of jewellery making is very labour intensive; from start to finish it is entirely hand made.